FABIO FARINATI, M.D.
Chair of Gastroenterology
Dept of Surgical and Gastroenterological Sciences
Azienda Ospedaliera di Padova - University Hospital
Via Giustiniani 1, 35128, Padova, Italy
- Graduated in Medicine and Surgery at Padua University with full marks
1982 - Specialization in Gastroenterology with full marks and Laude.
1987 - Specialization in Oncology
1978 - Resident of the Institute of Internal Medicine of Padua University
School of Medicine.
1980 - Assistant Professor at the Institute of Internal Medicine of Padua
University School of Medicine.
1984 - Assistant Professor at the Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education
of the New York University
1988 - Researcher
2005 - Associate Professor of Gastroenterology, Department of Surgical and
Gastroenterological Sciences, Padua University.
1. Award of the Educational
Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates in 1982.
2. Research Fellow of the Alcohol Research and Treatment Center at the
Mount Sinai School of Medicine of New York in 1983.
3. Assistant Medical Professor of the Sophie Davies School of Biomedical
Education of the City University of New York in 1984.
4. Award at the V° Symposium on Helicobacter Pylori, Dublin, 1992.
5. Glaxo Gastroenterology Award, 1989.
6. Award of the Italian Society of Gastroenterology in 1995.
Medical Association Memberships
1. Italian Society of Gastroenterology
2. Italian Society for the Study of the Liver (AISF), 1985.
3. European Cancer Prevention Organization (ECP), 1992.
4. Italian Society for Cancer Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment (SIPDT),
7. Italian Society of Cancer Research, 1999
Author of more than 245 pubblications;
- 147 full papers in international journals (including Gastroenterology,
Gut, Hepatology, Journal of Hepatology, Cancer, B.J.Cancer, Lancet, Int.J.Cancer
, J.Nat.Cancer Inst.);
- 55 full papers in italian journals;
- 42 book chapters;
Referee for numerous authoritative
international Journals including Cancer, Gut, Am.J.Gastroenterology and
Makes part of the Editorial Board of Digestive and Liver Disease and of
the World J.Gastroenterology.
Responsible for grants by the
Italian Ministry of Health and University and other private and public
Coordinator of the GENE group (Hepatocarcinoma Group North East Italy)
Coordinator of the Section of Oncology of the Italian Society of Gastroenterology